Ubuntu beginners, fear not, neo's here!!

Having trouble with your Ubuntu???

You've come to the right place. Leave your queries in the comments section, and I will answer them. If the solution works, you can choose to follow my blog.:)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Install drivers of Wireless card of your laptop.

Hi,

I am here writing again to let you folks know that you can actually let Ubuntu 10.10 detect the firmware/driver of your laptop's wireless card. You need an Internet connection, you can choose to have a wired connection or mount your mobile phone (I could mount my Nokia 2690, and use Internet to update my Ubuntu distro!!) Once connected, navigate to System menu on your desktop, then choose "Administration" and then "Additional Drivers". This will take a while depending on the the speed of the internet. Once it's done, a dialog will pop up asking you to activate a driver, select the required driver (Usually, the driver name and it's description would appear in the bottom pane) and click on "Activate" and you are done. Restart your machine, and right click on the wireless applet, choose "Enable Wireless".

If you are still lost, then run terminal type in "lspci>res.txt" (without quotes) and hit enter. Now, navigate to your "Home Folder", you will find this "res.txt" file. Email it to me as an attachment.
You can mail me at nitinclix@gmail.com, I will reply to you at the earliest.
Cheers until then!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment